After quite a lot of tweaking, I’ve finally uploaded my styled website to my main domain. The site now uses PHP, CSS and HTML 4.01 Strict. The whole thing validates, and I’ve put those little W3C validator buttons on there as proof. Also, they make it a lot easier for me to check whether a page validates or not!
I’ve also released a new program! If you check in the ‘Code’ section, you’ll find a C++ wordcount program for Windows. Having used Linux for three years at university, I got used to certain features that I wasn’t happy to live without. Wordcount is one of those! It was good C++ practice, and it taught me qute a few useful things.
In other news, I created a web questionnaire for the <a href=”http://www.flua.org.uk”>Fen Line Users Association</a>, whose website I maintain. The questionnaire hasn’t gone live yet, but it will before too much longer. It takes people’s answers, escapes any control characters then dumps them in a MySQL database. It’s not exactly a perfect use of a database, but it taught me about using PHP with MySQL, two parts of LAMP. I have no idea whether they’re using Apache on Linux, though, but it was cool all the same.